My baby is not using her one hand. Should I be worried?
Observe your baby to check whether they are using both hands.
Importance of encouraging your baby to use their hands from birth
How infants use their hands to grow their brains
For Developmental Gym subscribers Subscribe here
Activities for getting a baby to pay attention to a hemi hand
Learning to pay attention to a neglected hemi hand: a first step towards getting an infant to use the hand.
Baby hands 0-6 months
- Encouraging early reaching, looking and grasping
- How to set up a play gym for encouraging early looking and reaching
- Sitting in a reclining seat with toys in reach
Baby hands 6-10 months
- A routine for exploring toys
- Lily playing with a bell on a ribbon
- Shaking games
- Banging and drumming
Toddlers and young children
- Tips for training toddler hand abilities
- Toddlers love to move big objects
- Posting games
- Ball games provide many opportunities for learning
- Games with scarves